The Washington, D.C. office of Synergy Media Group is looking for an Outside Sales Representative to join our Dream Team. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to excellence, who thrives in an independently motivated environment, and who demonstrates a high degree of enthusiasm.
The role of Outside Sales Representative is to directly interact with our clients in order to enhance the organization’s market position in the D.C.-metro area. The right candidate will develop and build new business leads through research, cold-calling, meetings, and networking within the industry. The individual in this position is responsible for developing leads through the full sales cycle.
- Make cold and warm phone calls to uncover opportunities.
- Build/earn customer relationships through outbound phone calls, e-mail, networking events, leads groups, and external meetings.
- Sell audiovisual, IT, video surveillance, and card access systems to a variety of client types, such as higher education institutions or corporations.
- Generate, attend, and participate in meetings with clients.
- Actively participate in and develop new accounts, generate sales quotes, and handle customer inquiries to help service customers and grow business.
- Discuss client projects and where Synergy’s solutions can be deployed.
- Actively engage Synergy team members regularly to provide a complete customer solution in order to capitalize on opportunities.
- Stay on top of industry technologies and trends through office-led learning opportunities, self-driven research, and conversations with industry veterans.
- Seek out opportunities for industry certification.
- Provide weekly reports and forecast opportunities.
- Input all activity into business workflow software.
- Effectively balance time and priorities across multiple opportunities to meet/exceed sales objectives.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Possesses excellent client relations skills and the ability to prospect new business, cold call new leads, and build on existing client base.
- Is persistent: not every potential client will create a sale or meeting. Must be able to bounce back, stay motivated, and refocus.
- Must have a magnetic personality.
- Thrives in a collaborative, engaging, and fast-paced environment.
- Cultivates team relationships with business development/marketing colleagues
- Has outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Can easily take on and handle a client meeting independently.
- Is a self-motivated, independent thinker.
- Understands normal business and office procedures.
- B.S, A.S. in marketing, communication, interior design, engineering, MIS, IT, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a business development or sales position. Experience in the audiovisual or technology industry a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe (PDF) required. Experience with Google capabilities a plus.
- Ability to use, and enjoyment of, consumer technologies.
Compensation is $45,000/yr plus commission. Synergy provides an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
Please send a resume and a well-written cover letter. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.